Soap Opera Update

4 replies to this topic

#1 LuvTadnDixie

2 Dinners on 1 Plate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:04 PM

Found this on ebay, if anyone's interested . . . love the cover!

Posted Image

#2 WishingStar

2 Dinners on 1 Plate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:53 PM

I have that one! I LOVE that picture! I have thrown out many of my old mags but never any T&D ones! You'll have to pry those from my cold hands! lol

On a side note: It's interesting to remember how many mags were on the racks back then: SOD, SOW, SOU, SoapsinDepth...there were a few more, too, that I used to buy. I was in my pre-teens then and I used to work on my family's farm all summer to save money so I could buy all my mags each week/month! Boy, there were a lot!

#3 LuvTadnDixie

2 Dinners on 1 Plate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:25 PM

My favorite T&D cover is Soap Opera Update from 1989, from their first wedding.

#4 SongBird

2 Dinners on 1 Plate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • Interests:Also on Twitter @SongBird3411

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:14 AM

I, too, had that magazine. Might still have it, for all I know. I am quite sure I, personally, never threw out a T&D cover. But, who knows what my mother did with my stuff when I left for college. I wouldn't have taken that stuff with me then.

I actually remember seeing that magazine in the store and being SO EXCITED about it. I made my mom buy it for me.

#5 LuvTadnDixie

2 Dinners on 1 Plate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:52 PM

My mom picked up my copy too! She was going to the supermarket and I asked her to pick me up a copy of Soap Opera Update (because I knew T&D were going to be on the cover from the previous issue). I was out and I called her at home and asked, "Did you pick up my mag?" And she said "yes" and I asked her what was on the cover and she said, "A couple, and they're in an embrace". I was so excited. Couldn't wait to get home and see it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users