How Can We Remember?

Celebrate AMC

8 replies to this topic

#1 elwayone

Elwayone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • Interests:autograph collecting; my beloved Denver Broncos, the Yankees and the Celtics; hiking; all things Tom Cruise; and, of coure, ALL MY CHILDREN

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:22 AM

In a couple of months it will have been a year since AMC went off the air. I'm wondering if anyone else would like to "celebrate" AMC on this date, and if so, how? I thought possibly we could do something through this web site. Please let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks

(P.S. Happy Birthday to Femaledancer).

#2 Claudine

Momma

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,499 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:24 PM

Montage video clips of our favorite moments?

#3 rileycat111

2 Dinners on 1 Plate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts
  • Interests:Writing, sleeping, reading, eating, listening to music, soapy boards, , Buffalo sports teams, watching AMC scenes I deem worthy of viewing (mostly TnD) Watching lots of TV period, obsessing over worthy shows (30 Rock, Bones, Newsroom, Homeland!) Also vid making, procrastinating, and daydreaming every chance I get. :)

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:38 PM

I'm open to the idea for sure. As far as montages go I'm def. on board with that. :)
I know too that, for the past few years when "Black Tuesday" rolled around, I'd find some depressing song I happened to like at the time and make a vid/upload it on the date. It was a sad anniversary so I thought it deserved a sad tribute. Now though we have 8/8 as the happy reunion anniversary (yay!) so I was gonna make a new, fun/cute/happy vid to mark the occasion.

So anyway, if anyone has any song requests for a 8/8 vid, (or heck, any others) lemme know! :)

#4 elwayone

Elwayone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • Interests:autograph collecting; my beloved Denver Broncos, the Yankees and the Celtics; hiking; all things Tom Cruise; and, of coure, ALL MY CHILDREN

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:39 PM

Thanks for your relpies. Hopefully we can get a few more. Possibly we could also write our personal feelings and maybe all "pop a cork" at the same time, maybe when AMC would have aired our time zone. Anyway, thanks for the ideas.

#5 Leash

2 Dinners on 1 Plate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:34 AM

*BUMP* It's tomorrow, kids!! The 8/8/11 anniversary! Can't believe it's been a year already... :lovestory:

#6 LuvTadnDixie

2 Dinners on 1 Plate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:58 PM

Oh my . . . I remembered 8/8/11. After a while, I was starting to think that the number 8 was T&D's lucky number (I think they kissed on the 18th or something too). But I do remember that day because I very rarely leave work on time, ever. But that day, I was counting the minutes and watching the clock. In fact, at the last second someone buzzed me and I told them, "Sorry, I'm on my way out." Wanted me to find a laptop for them for a presentation the next morning . . . I thought :::.A laptop? A laptop? You're buzzing me now?! You're on your own buddy . . . waited 5 years for this show, find your own damn laptop . . . 5:30, Boom, I was outta there!

#7 EG*

Board Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:14 AM

It's been a year already! Hard to believe! Seems like only yesterday when T/D reunited and Dixie asked Tad to marry her, LOL. At the very least, we got our happy ending, so I'm very happy about that!
I think we should all raise a glass of wine/champagne/ginger ale tomorrow at the end of what would have been the last show a year ago!

#8 Leash

2 Dinners on 1 Plate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:59 AM

:wub: Happy T&D Reunion Anniversary. ;) Can't believe it's been a year.

#9 LuvTadnDixie

2 Dinners on 1 Plate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:09 PM

It was a year ago today this happened . . .

http://youtu.be/uku_T55LWF0

By the way, did you all see the video Rileycat made? She put it in Off-Topic Lounge. Raise your glasses everyone! It's T&D's Reunion Anniversay. Together Forever!

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users