AMC reboot numbers

8 replies to this topic

#1 TadB4Dawn

2 Dinners on 1 Plate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,746 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:27 PM

Michael Fairman is reporting that AMC is number 5 and OLTL is number 6 at itunes. AMC is number 2 and OLTL is number 4 at Hulu. These numbers were reported around noon. So I am sure they will be updated.

I don't know how PP measures success, but it seems for today, they are both hits?

#2 daboys1215

2 Dinners on 1 Plate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:56 AM

I don't think you can call it a "hit" after one episode. It's a good start, no doubt but they need to keep it up day after day, week after week. Let's see if those numbers go up, down or stay the same in the coming days. I'm sure PP is breathing easier tonight.

#3 TadB4Dawn

2 Dinners on 1 Plate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,746 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:13 PM

I don't know that much about it. Did they do well? there isn't anything today from different sites on whether or not they have done well. They are on Hulu at 2 and 3 for popular today. But really don't know how that is interpreted as far as if they are hits or not.

#4 daboys1215

2 Dinners on 1 Plate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:41 PM

They did well yesterday. No doubt. The fact that they are 2 and 3 in the middle of the afternoon speaks volumes to me. Most people aren't even home yet. I have no clue on what the ratings here for FX Canada are. I assume I'll have to wait for those numbers. As far as a hit goes I guess it depends on the interpretation of the individual. Is it a hit after 1 episode? Not in my opinion. The question would be, when does it qualify as a hit? After a week? Two? I don't have answer for that. The interest certainly seems to be there. Maybe it's one of those 'you don't know what you had until it's gone' sort of moments. It remains to be seen whether that interest will remain or not. For right now though, I would think that Jeff and company are very happy at the early success. Let's hope there is more to cheer about as time goes on.

#5 TadB4Dawn

2 Dinners on 1 Plate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,746 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:05 PM

I don't know what they are on itunes, but on Hulu they are 1 and 3 again. Beating out the final chapter of the Following and the voice which topped the ratings according to tv by the numbers.

#6 SongBird

2 Dinners on 1 Plate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • Interests:Also on Twitter @SongBird3411

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:26 AM

Right now, Thursday night, on iTunes TV Seasons rankings AMC is #3 and OLTL is #5.

#1 is the new season of Dexter, #2 is Downton Abbey season 3 and #4 is Mad Men current season.

Edited to add: Let's keep in mind that iTunes is tracking people who PAY for the content. On Hulu it can be streamed for free. On iTunes you pay $9.99 and you get to download 20 episodes. That seems to be the max amount allowed on iTunes right now. So, in a month, iTunes will put another batch of episodes on sale. If the shows are a hit, this would be a very clever way to keep them returning to the tops of the charts on a monthly basis.

I saw both Day 1 and Day 2 of AMC and OLTL hit #1 and #2 on Hulu. Didn't check Wednesday or Thursday.

#7 Miranda D

2 Dinners on 1 Plate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:34 PM

I'm paying on iTunes for both AMC and OLTL. I have never watched OLTL really, but I'm trying to do so as a show of support for these soaps. I believe that if you watch on Hulu, they are trying to gauge if you really ARE watching, or are just letting it run. If you notice, they ask "Is this ad relevant to you" during the ads. If you don't click, I believe they think you are not watching.

I still have to get my Hulu Plus subscription. Plan on doing that this weekend.

#8 Claudine

Momma

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,499 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:26 AM

I watch on Hulu Plus, there are minimal ads. The first show only had one! Now there are 3-6 on each show. Still A LOT less than when on TV. They don't have you click anything to show you're watching so I assume they're just keeping track of it by the actual view rather than ad participation on there.

#9 SongBird

2 Dinners on 1 Plate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • Interests:Also on Twitter @SongBird3411

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:28 AM

You don't have to click anything on Hulu, either. Those "is this ad relevant to you?" boxes have been there for years. I usually mute the commercials and minimize the window when they come on.

I am sure Hulu can track whether I am actually watching since it seems to always stall halfway through each episode, forcing me to refresh the window.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users