Michael Logan (T&D forever!)

1 reply to this topic

#1 LuvTadnDixie

2 Dinners on 1 Plate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 06:19 PM

1. Michael Logan Rave: "If All My Children had been as thrilling these past few years as it was in its final week, the damn thing might not have been canceled. Of course, the blame for this can be squarely put on ABC, which allowed lazy, lackluster producing and destructive writing to slowly drive this once-titanic soap to the bottom of the Nielsens. When the ax fell last April, the network brought in AMC's iconic creator Agnes Nixon and the terrific head writer Lorraine Broderick to wrap things up, and they did it most ingeniously, with the perfect mix of romance and reunion (Tad and Dixie forever!), back-from-the-dead miracles (yea, Stuart!) and a killer of a cliff-hanger that had crazy-mad JR firing a gun into a party full of Pine Valley favorites. Fittingly, Erica Kane ended AMC just as she began it 41 years ago-supremely obsessed with her own needs, desires, and pie-in-the-sky dreams. And, as always, she paid the price, as her frustrated fiance Jack took a hike, Rhett Butler-style. AMC is expected to move to the Internet in 2012, which is (theoretically) good. But if the finale on ABC had been the end, it would have been OK with us. We were fully, gloriously, deliriously satisfied."
2. From Cheers & Jeers by Bruce Fretts: Jeers to ABC for biting off more than it can swallow with The Chew. The All My Children-killing culinary chat show needs to trim the fat from its overstuffed cast, cut back on the corny, forced merriment and throw fewer ingredients into the proverbial pot.

#2 EG*

Board Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:35 PM

I find it interesting that Michael Logan says "Tad and Dixie Forever" since it always seemed like he never liked Dixie, and was pretty caustic to Cady when he used to itnerview her on Soap Talk. Could he have changed his mind? LOL. And I disagree about the stupid ending.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users