From 4/30 SOD

2 replies to this topic

#1 LuvTadnDixie

2 Dinners on 1 Plate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:49 PM

"Kaye: ...The biggest problem with the soaps is that there was no community where people talked to each other and said, "Hey, what are we doing wrong here?" It was just one person saying, 'This is what we're doing.'And everybody knew it wasn't going to work. It almost seemed like they did it on purpose.....[Former ABC Daytime chief] Brian Frons would make these weird decisions about firing people that didn't make any sense, that didn't help the show any. But it kind of seems like that's what he wanted. So, congratulations." So there you go. That's his take on things.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When he mentions people who got fired that didn't make sense, I immediately thought of Cady. By the way, anybody still buy the soap mags? I still thumb threw them at the supermarket check out. It's interesting, since All My Children and One Life to Live were canceled, I noticed that SOD does a lot more retrospective articles. Have you noticed that?

#2 rileycat111

2 Dinners on 1 Plate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts
  • Interests:Writing, sleeping, reading, eating, listening to music, soapy boards, , Buffalo sports teams, watching AMC scenes I deem worthy of viewing (mostly TnD) Watching lots of TV period, obsessing over worthy shows (30 Rock, Bones, Newsroom, Homeland!) Also vid making, procrastinating, and daydreaming every chance I get. :)

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:20 PM

Yeah that's where my mind went as well. Her firing opened my eyes to the true hackdom going on, along with the way Julia Barr was shoved aside without a care. I can't remember if VI was fired as David back then or left on his own accord, but the three of them getting shown the door...I'd been watching just over a year at that point and was outraged. That's saying something. :(

The only soap mag I ever bought was a tribute edition for AMC with all the pics of the cast. I used to do the thumb-through waiting in line at the store (drove my mom crazy too, she'd be loading the conveyor sans my help and I'd be spoiling her about upcoming stuff on the show, which drove her crazy) but now, not so much.

Part of me would be intrigued/interested to see the retrospecs, but another part of me would feel a little bummed.
At the end of the day, even being over a year since the news broke, I still hate Frons & Co. I still miss my soap, not even for what it was (aside from when LB took the pen back) but for what it would've been had we had more time.
And in all honesty seeing the OLTL folks allowed to carry on at GH left me feeling gypped. I guess on one hand its good that T&D/others I loved are frozen in time but on the other hand, I wish I could see a lot of folks in action still. And feel like since OLTL was granted the opportunity, my soap should've been as well. JMO though. Just something I've been thinking about lately.

#3 Claudine

Momma

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,499 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:18 PM

I think he was talking about his "wife" Susan Haskell on OLTL, but it could apply to Cady too. And I agree with him about Frons. LOL

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users