4 replies to this topic

#1 Claudine

Momma

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,499 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 12:53 AM

[Tad sits on a marble park bench and looks skyward]

Father Clarence: What more perfect night to make a wish?

Tad: I'm sorry, I thought I was alone. Do I know you?

Father cCarence: No, but I knew Dixie.

Tad: How did you know Dixie?

Father Clarence: A remarkable young woman.

Tad: Did you meet her at your church?

Father Clarence: A lie is a dreadful thing, isn't it? Some of them seem insurmountable, and the best way over them is to allow yourself to forgive. But of course, that's my business -- forgiveness.

Tad: Am I supposed to be able to understand what you're talking about?

Father Clarence: Ah, well -- many things are difficult to understand. Truth can be a lie, and a lie can be a truth.

Tad: Maybe I need a map to get through this conversation.

Father Clarence: Just turn it over in your mind, and you might be surprised what comes to you. Ah, the Christmas star. Now make that wish.

Tad: There are some people that think by now I should be wishing with someone else, but I can't shake you, not yet. I guess we'll always be a part of each other. Di says that I think loving her is betraying you. Maybe she's right. As much as I want to stop thinking about her, I -- I can't seem to. Somehow I've got both of you all muddled up in my heart. For the first time ever, I don't know what to wish for.

[Di walks into an ornate room with statues and plants, very upscale. She's carrying a bag and her coat.]

Di: I told you I'd come if I could. Merry Christmas, Dixie.

[We see a figure by a window, swathed in bright light... it's Dixie!]

#2 Beatles273

2 Dinners on 1 Plate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,358 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 12:04 AM

Bumping since we now know that Father Clarence will be meeting with both Tad AND Dixie for the Christmas miracle ... I hope he is a lot more clear this year because last year all he did was confuse Tad!

#3 SoapNut

2 Dinners on 1 Plate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 10:59 AM

View PostBeatles273, on Dec 7 2006, 01:04 AM, said:

Bumping since we now know that Father Clarence will be meeting with both Tad AND Dixie for the Christmas miracle ... I hope he is a lot more clear this year because last year all he did was confuse Tad!

Yep. I remember being very disappointed w/ Fr. Clarence's visit last Chirstmas. I was hoping for more. Hopefully, this year he'll push Tad and Dixie in the direction of Kate and give them some hope! Because, they really, really are in need of it right now!

#4 SongBird

2 Dinners on 1 Plate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • Interests:Also on Twitter @SongBird3411

Posted 08 December 2006 - 02:58 AM

Father Clarence has his work cut out for him with Tad and Dixie. Sheesh. If anyone was ever in need of guidance, it is these two. They are just so lost right now.

I am kind of irritated that AMC is wasting Tad in this serial killer storyline. Not that I begrudge MEK the work, or anything. But, it seems like Tad has so much on his plate right now. And, of course, as a Holic, I would much rather see Tad and Dixie's storyline get some progression. Hopefully Father Clarence can help us out there.

I have been saying that I am giving AMC until Christmas to show me that there is a reason to keep watching. I seriously need some progress in this T&D story. I need AMC to show me that they are getting there, sooner or later. Preferably sooner. LOL. I mean, I am of course all for the search for Kate. However, it would be nice if AMC would actually focus on the relationship between Tad and Dixie. Not Kate, not JR, not Krystal or Madden or anyone else. Just Tad & Dixie. To my knowledge there have been no more than 3 such episodes since Cady came back. Perhaps I was just spoiled by 1998/99. But, I really intensely miss the scenes that are truly just about Tad & Dixie. Sigh.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for Christmas. Even a Kate-related miracle works for me. I just need some sign that AMC is moving the story along.

#5 SoapNut

2 Dinners on 1 Plate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 08:57 AM

View PostSongBird, on Dec 8 2006, 03:58 AM, said:

Father Clarence has his work cut out for him with Tad and Dixie. Sheesh. If anyone was ever in need of guidance, it is these two. They are just so lost right now.

I am kind of irritated that AMC is wasting Tad in this serial killer storyline. Not that I begrudge MEK the work, or anything. But, it seems like Tad has so much on his plate right now. And, of course, as a Holic, I would much rather see Tad and Dixie's storyline get some progression. Hopefully Father Clarence can help us out there.

I have been saying that I am giving AMC until Christmas to show me that there is a reason to keep watching. I seriously need some progress in this T&D story. I need AMC to show me that they are getting there, sooner or later. Preferably sooner. LOL. I mean, I am of course all for the search for Kate. However, it would be nice if AMC would actually focus on the relationship between Tad and Dixie. Not Kate, not JR, not Krystal or Madden or anyone else. Just Tad & Dixie. To my knowledge there have been no more than 3 such episodes since Cady came back. Perhaps I was just spoiled by 1998/99. But, I really intensely miss the scenes that are truly just about Tad & Dixie. Sigh.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for Christmas. Even a Kate-related miracle works for me. I just need some sign that AMC is moving the story along.

I totally agree with you, Mindy. Tad and Dixie are the reason that I watch AMC. I have no other reasoning. I was expecting more from this story. I was expecting Tad and Dixie to be front and center, not playing supporting roles in the Annie/Ryan story. While, I feel like their story is starting to pick up pace, I can't help but wonder if that's just beause of the scenes we got for Thanksgiving and a few of the episodes before that. For those few days, Tad and Dixie were all about each other. I saw a glimmer of MY couple, one that has been lost for 4 years. What I had hoped to see is Tad and Dixie searching for Kate together and in the process, rediscovering their love for one another. But we haven't really seen that. Maybe we were spoiled before, but I honeslty I don't think that it is asking too much that Tad and Dixie be major players in their own storyline or for their storyline to actually be played out on screen.

Hopefully, Fr. Clarence will push things along a bit. They need a sign, a reason to have hope. Right now, we have Tad thinking he's never going to find Kate and that he killed their only chance of finding her and Dixie who is trying to compensate, but giving Tad another child via Krystal's baby. Now, all that is fine and adds drama, but they really neaed some sort of indication that Kate is out there and they will find her. The viewers need it too.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users